The US passport is a powerful document. It allows one to enter many countries without actually requiring a visa. However, if you are planning a trip to Vietnam, things are not so easy. As this country does not allow citizens from any country free entry and a visa is mandatory. Whether you plan to visit the country for business or pleasure is irrelevant, you need to have a valid visa to enter the country.
How to get a visa for Vietnam?
There are different methods of getting a Vietnam visa for US citizens.
Visa before arrival: This is the kind of visa where you get a validation even before getting on your plane to Vietnam. The key features of this style are:
- It is a valid process of visa
- All documents relevant to attaining the visa are required.
- They have fixed fees which is no refundable under any circumstance.
- You can pay via Money order, cashier’s cheque or traveller’s cheque.
- The procedure takes anything around 2-5 working days to get completed.
- They have fixed hours set for any assistance required.
Visa on arrival: Similarly, this is yet another form of visa known as visa on arrival. Which means your visa is made available when you set foot into Vietnam. The key features of this process are as follows
- This is a valid process to attain a visa
- There is no list of documents other than a valid passport.
- The fees are many times lesser and can be paid online as well. The fees can be refundable 100% in case if the visa is rejected.
- You can pay using PayPal, Western Union Money transfer or even Cash is allowed
- The process does not take longer than 1-2 working days.
- They have a 24 hours help line to assist travellers.
Visa for ship travellers:
There are many agencies that provide a visa before you set foot in Vietnam.